Do you know Cannabidiol or CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis, a plant with a rich history as a medicine that goes back thousands of years. At the present time, the scientists and doctors of all the world are proving and confirming the therapeutic properties of the CBD. A safe and non-addictive substance, CBD is one of more than one hundred “phytocannabinoids”, which are unique to cannabis and give the plant its robust therapeutic profile.
The endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in regulating a wide range of physiological processes that affect our daily experience: our mood, our energy level, our intestinal strength, immune activity, blood pressure, bone density, glucose metabolism, how we experience pain, stress, hunger and more.
It should not be confused with THC which is tetrahydrocannabidiol, another substance in Cannabis, the compound that causes psychoactivity. But, so that it remains clear to us, Cannabis is a family of plants, and in it are the Marijuana (which is rich in THC) and the Hemp (which is rich in CBD). The CBD is a sure substance and that it does not generate addiction, it is therapeutically powerful and not intoxicating, and easy to take as an oil of CBD.
What does the WHO report say about CBD?
The benefits of CBD are many and fortunately there is more and more information. The most significant data on a report published by the WHO (World Health Organization) on CBD are the following:
1. CBD dependence and addiction
There are no reports of dependency or abuse of CBD. World Health Organization
The WHO report tells us that CBD is not addictive. Studies in mice showed that there was no dependence on CBD (unlike THC). To date, there are no reports of cases of abuse or dependence on CBD.
2. Adverse Reactions
Neither have found adverse reactions as such and apparently there are few side effects when mixed with some drugs. How dangerous are drug interactions with cannabinoids? As dangerous as consuming an incorrect dosage of the other drug that is ingesting the patient. It is more probable that problems arise when a patient combines a high dose of a strain of benign CBD with a pharmaceutical product that has a very narrow window between its therapeutic and toxic levels.
3. Positive Benefits
The WHO report tells us that CBD has been shown to be an effective treatment for epilepsy. It also tells us, that this is so, because there are many studies in this field. Although the rest of the research is considerably less advanced, most of it is pre-clinical evidence, but evidence nonetheless, and it tells us that the properties of CBD are
Neuroprotective, antiepileptic, anxiolytic, antipsychotic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiasthmatic and antitumor.
In countries like the U.S., Switzerland or England, CBD helps many people in their daily lives, and that number is growing every day.
“Living a healthy lifestyle is a key component to disease prevention, wellness and longevity. Being aware of your diet, physical activity and stress levels allows you to effectively balance all aspects of your life”.
Benefits of CBD oil
Reduces stress and anxiety
Our bodies produce cannabinoids naturally, that’s why we have an endocannabinoid system (which has been discovered relatively recently) which is everywhere in our body, including the brain.
When we have chronic stress, the endocannabioid system can become destabilized, however, there are studies that say that CBD could help restore its balance.
Inevitably, as you feel more relaxed, your worries are diluted and your mood improves. But not only that, CBD also helps regulate the endocrine system when we have hormones on the rampage.
The most known component of the plant of Cannabis, it is the THC, which makes us descent, on the other hand, with the CBD occurs the opposite, that is to say, it makes us focus and feel more conscious. And this, is the main reason why in the USA more and more people who practice yoga are using CBD.
One of the properties of CBD is that it has great anti-inflammatory power without the gastrointestinal effects of many drugs. That is why it is becoming more and more common for it to be used not only by elite athletes, but also by people who do sports often.
It helps to have a healthier skin
Another property is that it is an antioxidant, which helps to reduce visible signs of aging such as wrinkles, skin dullness and redness.
CBD specifically targets receptors in muscle tissue and causes the muscles to relax, which translates into pain relief. This is why many of our women use it to relieve the pain caused by menstruation.
Helps you sleep
Another benefit of CBD oil is that by reducing anxiety and pain it helps you sleep, it is not a sleeping pill as such, but a consequence of relieving the rest of the symptoms.
WHAT CBD (Hemp Oil) RECOMMENDS TEAMCONSULTOR?
Full spectrum hemp oil contains all the different compounds present in the hemp plant. This includes cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol or CBD, flavonoids and terpenes. All these compounds work together to create the effect entourage: when the combination of cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenes are present in the body at the same time, they improve all their effects. This means that it is fundamental that it is taking a product of hemp of complete spectrum as opposed to an isolated one of CBD (that will be much less effective).
It is well documented that CBD has a very low absorption rate of about 6%. This means that by taking regular hemp oil, you are not absorbing 94% of the actual amount of CBD. BioAbsorb is a patented mycelization process that makes full spectrum hemp oil highly permeable to water. What this means is that BioAbsorb is water soluble and can be easily and directly absorbed by the body. This provides a faster onset of action and better absorption. BioAbsorb is over 600% more bioavailable than standard full spectrum hemp oil.
One of the biggest problems with traditional full-spectrum oil-based hemp oil (liposomes) is stability. This means that traditional full-spectrum hemp oils have a very limited shelf life, must be stored under fresh conditions and lose potency when they reach stomach acid. BioAbsorb’s water soluble micelles are stable in hot and cold conditions, are not affected by stomach acid and have a shelf life of over 2 years. This further increases absorption and ensures the stability and reliability of BioAbsorb full spectrum hemp oil.
BioAbsorb is sourced from high quality, food grade American farms. This ensures the highest quality and consistency of our hemp. BioAbsorb is also manufactured with supercritical CO2 extraction. Currently, this is the only way to obtain full spectrum hemp oil without destroying the full spectrum of terpenes, flavonoids and other cannabinoids. In addition to this, we use a patented column chromatography process to separate excess THC without destroying the full spectrum hemp oil. We are also transparent with our quality testing.
BioAbsorb full-spectrum hemp oil is a patented product manufactured by Q SCIENCES.
Some studies on CBD and its benefits or qualities
Anxiety, stress, depression & CBD
- Cannabidiol as a Therapeutic Alternative for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: From Bench Research to Confirmation in Human Trials; Frontiers in Neuroscience; July 24, 2018; Rafael M. Bitencourt and Reinaldo N Takahashi; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6066583/
- Multiple mechanisms involved in the large-spectrum therapeutic potential of cannabidiol in psychiatric disorders; Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society B Biological Sciences; Dec 5, 2012; Campos AC, Moreira FA, Gomes FV, Del Bel EA, Guimarães FS; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23108553/
- Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders; Neurotherapeutics; September 4, 2015; Esther M Blessing, Maria M. Steenkamp, Jorge Manzanares, and Charles R Marmar; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604171/
Mood Improvement & CBD
- Cannabidiol induces rapid-acting antidepressant-like effects and enhances cortical 5-HT/glutamate neurotransmission: role of 5-HT1A receptors; Neuropharmacology; December 19, 2015; Linge R, Jiménez-Sánchez L, Campa L, Pilar-Cuéllar F, Vidal R, Pazos A, Adell A, Díaz Á; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26711860
Pain and Inflammation & CBD
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain; Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management; February 4, 2008; Ethan B Russo; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/
- Cannabinoid Delivery Systems for Pain and Inflammation Treatment; Molecules; September 27, 2018; Natascia Bruni, Carlo Della Pepa, Simonetta Oliaro-Bosso, Enrica Pessione, Daniela Gastaldi, and Franco Dosio; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6222489/
- Cannabinoids for fibromyalgia. 2016 Jul 18. Brian Walitt, Petra Klose, Mary-Ann Fitzcharles, Tudor Phillips, Winfried Häuser. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27428009/
- Cannabinoids and Pain: New Insights From Old Molecules. Nov 2018. Sonja Vučković1*, Dragana Srebro, Katarina Savić Vujović, Čedomir Vučetić and Milica Prostran.Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia. https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/bph.12309
Menstrual pain & CBD
- The Clinical Significance of Endocannabinoids in Endometriosis Pain Management; Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research; April 1, 2017; Jerome Bouaziz, Alexandra Bar On, Daniel S. Seidman, and David Soriano; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5436335/
Sleep & CBD
- No Acute Effects of Cannabidiol on the Sleep-Wake Cycle of Healthy Subjects: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study; Frontiers in Pharmacology; April 5, 2018; Ila M P Linares, Francisco S Guimaraes, Alan Eckeli, Ana C S Crippa,Antonio W Zuardi, Jose D S Souza, Jaime E Hallak, and José AS Crippa; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5895650/
- Cannabidiol can improve complex sleep-related behaviours associated with rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder in Parkinson’s disease patients: a case series; Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, May 21, 2014; Chagas MH1, Eckeli AL, Zuardi AW, Pena-Pereira MA, Sobreira-Neto MA, Sobreira ET, Camilo MR, Bergamaschi MM, Schenck CH, Hallak JE, Tumas V, Crippa JA; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24845114
Skin & CBD
- Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol; 2019 Dec 25; Department of Analytical Chemistry, Medical University of Białystok, 15-089 Białystok, Poland. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31881765/
- A Therapeutic Effect of Cbd-Enriched Ointment in Inflammatory Skin Diseases and Cutaneous Scars; Mar-Apr 2019. Palmieri B, Laurino C, Vadalà M. Department of General Surgery and Surgical Specialties, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia Medical School, Surgical Clinic, Modena – Second Opinion Medical Network, Modena (MO), Italy. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30993303/
- Anti-inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychotropic Cannabinoid, in Experimental Allergic Contact Dermatitisocytes; Endocannabinoid Research Group, Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Pozzuoli, Napoli, Italy (S.P., R.V., M.A., V.D.); Epitech Group SpA, Saccolongo, Padova, Italy (S.P., M.A.); and Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Università di Napoli “Federico II”, Napoli, Italy (M.V., T.I.). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29632236/
- Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis; February 2007; Journal of Dermatological Science. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S092318110600315X
- The potential role of cannabinoids in dermatology. Oct 2019. Tabrez Sheriff, Matthew J Lin, Danielle Dubin, Hooman Khorasani. The Royal Prince Alfred Hospital , Sydney , Australia and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai , New York , NY, USA. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31599175/
Pets & CBD
- Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Clinical Efficacy of Cannabidiol Treatment in Osteoarthritic Dogs. 2018. Gamble L-J, Boesch JM, Frye CW, Schwark WS, Mann S, Wolfe L, Brown H, Berthelsen ES and Wakshlag. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2018.00165/
- Pharmacokinetics of cannabidiol administered by 3 delivery methods at 2 different dosages to healthy dogs. 2018. Lisa R Bartner , Stephanie McGrath, Sangeeta Rao, Linda K Hyatt, Luke A Wittenburg. Department of Clinical Sciences, Colorado State University, USA. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30026641/
- Single-Dose Pharmacokinetics and Preliminary Safety Assessment with Use of CBD-Rich Hemp Nutraceutical in Healthy Dogs and Cats. Kelly A Deabold, Wayne S Schwark, Lisa Wolf, Joseph J Wakshlag. University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine & Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine & Colorado State University, USA. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31635105/